Running not your thing, but you still want to be part of the action and have some fun? We would like to invite you to join our Volunteer team. Volunteering is a great way to give back to the community, meet people with similar interests and of course to have fun.
As a Volunteer you will be working with event staff, community and sporting groups, students and other individual volunteers. There are numerous roles on the day and also pre-event. Typically volunteer shifts are Friday, Saturday and Sunday of event week.
We would like our volunteers to have:
- A friendly and polite attitude
- Respectable personal presentation and hygiene
- Be mature, honest and reliable
- Willingness to work with a team of people and to take direction from others
- Big smiles!
What do volunteers receive?
- Free The Color Run T-shirt
- 10% merchandise discount
- Volunteer certificate (emailed to you after the event)
- New friends, experiences and memories that last a lifetime
To sign up, please click on your city of interest below.
Your city not listed? Sign up to the Volunteer VIP list to be the first to know when volunteer registrations open in your city. Click here to sign up!
How old do I have to be to volunteer?
The minimum age is 14 years old; all persons between the ages of 14 to 16 must be accompanied by a supervisor who is to be present when you sign in on the day.
What if I want to volunteer with a group of friends?
This is definitely possible, all you have to do is choose a group name (e.g. colourteers) and all members of the family or group will need to write this on the application form. We will then try our very best to accommodate all members of ‘Colourteers‘ on the same role.
How do I know what role I am registering for?
During the online registration you will be prompted to select your volunteering preference. Please note task’s are allocated on a first in first served basis. Once task’s are full unfortunately no more spots will open up so please get in quick! We will try to give everyone their first preference in location and role but this isn’t always possible in every case as some roles are very popular.
What should I take into consideration when choosing a role?
The event has an early morning start with the run commencing at 9am and the earliest volunteer shift commencing at 5:45am. You will need to consider your start time and how you will get to the venue.
How will I know if my application has been received?
Once you have submitted your application form you should automatically receive an email stating we have received your form. Keep this as a reference document as it can be used to help identify you when emailing/calling the Volunteer Manager with any issues/questions you may have.
When will I receive final details of my shift?
We will try our hardest to send out all task related information 2 weeks prior to the event however if we are still recruiting volunteers at this stage it may be a little later. However, you will always have this information at least one week prior to the event.
Will I be receiving any other information from now until the event?
No we will leave you in peace until then. As long as you promise us one thing… continue to smile and be happy!
Is there any volunteer training or do I need to do anything prior to my shift?
No, all volunteer training happens on the day of your shift. You will also receive your t-shirt and anything else necessary on the day of your shift.
What should I wear on the day?
You will be given an official Color Run branded tee that you must wear throughout your shift. We also recommend wearing comfortable closed in shoes and pants that you don’t mind getting a little dirty.
What food/refreshments will I get on the day?
You will be provided with water and some snacks throughout your shift. If you are volunteering on event day you will be provided with a light breakfast and water when you arrive. If you need more food we highly recommend you bring some along with you.
Is there anywhere to store personal belongings?
Yes, there is a safe place to leave your belongings during your shift however, we do suggest to only bring the necessities.
- Participant Packet Pick-Up (usually at the venue or a central CBD location) – You will be helping check all participants in and handing out event kits!
- Start line – You will be helping us get all the Color Runners into waves and getting the event off to a great start!
- Check In – You will be helping check all participants in and handing out event kits
- Meet and Greet – pointing all the runner’s in the right direction and of course greeting them with your BIGGEST smile and hardest high-5.
- Water Station – handing water to our thirsty runners as they make their way around the course.
- Color Zones – helping colour our participants in head to toe before they cross the finish line, you may get messy!
- Finish Line – You get to help us cheer on the runners are they cross the finish line and award them with their medal!
- Course Marshalling – helping us make rainbows and cheer on runners as they complete the happiest 5K!
- Merchandise – You get to deck our runners out from head to toe of official Color Run merch.
Are you from a sporting group, charity, community group, school, university or TAFE looking for ways to fundraise? We would love to assist! We love to help out our local community so be sure to get involved!
If you would like some more information on how to become involved as a group of 10+ please email email@example.com. Be sure to know approximately how many members there are in your group and their email addresses.
If you are part of a group but not quite 10 people please use the link above and make sure to enter your group name.